Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mini Pincushions Group

We have been very busy trying to decide which direction to take our shop. The slow economy still is an issue, yet this past week has been very good. We were contemplating a move to a location with better traffic but hate to give up on this little cottage. Especially with Spring upon us and our pots planted on the porch it would be hard to move. The internet sales continue and we are testing the possibility of selling some of our items wholesale- anything to keep ourselves self employed and making our handcrafted items!
I am trying my pincushions in a smaller size( actually, I made some similar as ornaments for Christmas) which would be perfect size for sewing baskets. These are available in our etsy shop, www.manitobagifts.etsy.com . I'm also working on bookmarks and bracelets which I'll try posting next time. We also have been taking our Sunday day trips down to bluff country along the Mississppi River birdwatching and wildflower searching. I recently got a flower press my mother had 30 years ago and hope to put it to good use. Will post pictures soon!





No comments: