Friday, July 30, 2010

New Look

I'm playing around with a new look for this blog and thought I would post some pictures I took at home and at the arboretum this late spring and summer.
We've had plenty of rain and heat this summer and the plants have really flourished.
Peonies are some of my absolute favorites and they were spectacular.


It is such a treat to see the combinations at the arboretum, very inspiring.
I love the colors of the azaleas even though I'm not fond of the plant in general. Once the blooming is over it is ho-hum if not downright ugly.
But, you can't beat the colors!

Even though it is just the beginning of August I am looking forward to fall and our drives in the bluff country-beautiful foliage colors! Next week I hope to go picking blackberries for more jam making. The freezer is filling up with fruit and veggies for jams and chutneys. I'm hoping to make small gift baskets as gifts for the holidays and would rather do it once the weather cools down. Hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments: