Sunday, March 4, 2012

new stitching

Just finished another pincushion in some of my favorite colors. The deep toned wool on this is called 'Merlot'- so fitting.
The hardanger piece is one I made years ago when my eyes could work all those little stitches and fine cuts. I bought the fabric and thread to try another sometime, only smaller. The following is an applique and embroidery piece I am experimenting with. It's not very big now and I don't know how much I will add(if any). I have decided to make small pieces of whatever strikes my fancy and decide what to do with them at a later time.Fall is my favorite season and I love the tree that just refuses to drop her leaves!
Lots of stitching left to do and then the decision of how much quilting to do. I'll post results later.

1 comment:

Joe Madl said...

wondrous pincushion! and i could easily get lost, wandering amongst those beautiful trees! can't wait to see how the quilting goes...